Edise küla 16 | Jõhvi vald | Ida-Virumaa 41541
Jõhvi in close proximity to major highway located Edis. Edise manor original data come from the estate of the 1477th year, when it belonged to the Taube family.
Near manor was built a fortified castle, which was part of the defense system, with manor Järve and St. Michael Church, the threat from the east.
On the 160th kilometr of Tallinn-Narva highway ,nearby Johvi town ,on the territory of former manorial estate is “White Horse” tavern. dise village, first mentioned in historical files in 1241,was during the Middle Ages one of the most important links of the fortification zone between Alataguse forests and the Gulf of Finland. At the present time the building of the later Edise manor estate are located at the same place and they have probably been built up of the stones that ramained after demolition of the old castle. The barn-drying-room that had been preserved till the present time ,was rebuilt in 1980 into a tavern named “White Horse”. There is big parking space next to the restourant.
The restaurant "White Horse" visited all presidents of the Estonia Republic: K.Pyats, L.Meri, A.Ryuytel, T.H.Ilves. In the 90 years the restaurant was visited by many pop stars: Valery Leontiev, Anne Veski, Ivo Linna and others.